Currently listening to:

Today's tune recommendation: Electric Wire Hustle

August 10, 2011

Cheers to a "Good Winter"

Yep, I love BON IVER and i don't care how you pronounce it - he is a brilliant man. I didn't think I could have an obession until I saw Justin Vernon live. The lights, the sound, the presence  of it all was simply brilliant.

Seriously, I'm in love. This man has created a beautiful album from beginning to end. I can't get enough and that says a lot. I usually over expose whatever my new artist or album may be at the moment. I also get over the artist usually after I've seen him/her live in concert - until now. I've listened to Bon Iver's new album at least 20 times since I bought it a month ago and really want all that I know to enjoy it as much as i do.....I know that's not possible, I just dream when it comes to this music. WOW. SERIOUSLY. LISTEN. IT's that good.

I did not have any expectations when it came to seeing Bon Iver in concert. I just knew that I enjoyed what I heard....now, it's an entire new dimension. Ok, I know it helps that he performed at The Ryman but it is possible to have a mediocre show in the historic venue.

This is one of the first concerts (in a long time)where I really FELT the music. I loved the lighting, the multiple people in the band including two drummers, Justin's unique voice - it was all so magnificent from start to finish. It made life that much better - just knowing this kind of music exists. I know it's totally cheesy but my life is rewarded by knowing this is out there to enjoy. I want to have this feeling on a daily basis. I hope you do as well.......

Bon Iver Live in DC - Listen to the entire show on NPR (I know I have)

OR

Watch Bon Iver perform "Beth/Rest" - One of my favorite songs




No comments:

Post a Comment