Currently listening to:

Today's tune recommendation: Electric Wire Hustle

August 31, 2011

G, It's been a while

I'm sure most of you have forgotten about my ipod challenge since it's been a while since I posted about a LETTER!  Well, I'm here to post about letter G - I finally got around to finishing.  Honestly, I had to go back and listen to some of it again since I had forgotten where I left off - whoops. **I realize I am skipping over F but had technical difficulty so will cover that next time


Before I get to the stats on G, I wanna give a quick shout out to my girl - ANGEL SNOW! I was fortunate enough to see her perform at The Ryman this past weekend, opening for Alison Krauss.  It was such a beautiful show for both artists. I can't imagine what it felt like for Angel to stand on The Ryman stage in front of a sold out crowd to perform her songs. I was nervous for her (you know how ya get when you watch someone you know do something like that) but she was flawless. I'm so proud to know her and excited that her music is reaching so many people. I think this is just the beginning and someday she will be back on that stage as the headliner!

Ok, now to the letter G:

Total songs = 158

It got pretty scary with 11 songs about GHOSTS:
Ghost by Indigo Girls
Ghost by Jes
Ghost by Live
Ghost Bitch by Sonic Youth
The Ghost In You by The Psychedelic Furs
The Ghost Inside by Broken Bells
The Ghost Of You Lingers by Spoon
Ghost Symbol by Zero 7
Ghost Town by The Specials
Ghost Train by Marc Cohn
Ghost Writing by Neko Case

To balance it out, there were also 11 songs about things that were GOOD. The word with the most songs was GIRL/GIRLFRIEND which doesn't surprise me since we are all about some love songs ;)
I also had 5 songs with GREEN and 4 with GREY to add a little color to the mix.

A couple of favorites that came up were -
Girlfriend In A Coma by The Smiths and Guns In The Sky by INXS

The winning word in which I loved all the songs were GREAT! (how fitting, eh?!)
The Great Curve by Talking Heads
Great Expectations by Elbow
The Great Gig In The Sky by Pink Floyd
Great Rejoicing by Thad Cockrell
The Great Salt Lake by Band of Horses
The Greatest by Cat Power

So there ya have it - my songs of G  - I think you should listen to whatever songs you have that begin with G to find out how GREAT they are ;) ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment